Monday, August 1, 2016

Wonder Woman #3 Review


 Following the story of  Wonder Woman trying to find out the truth about herself. The first issue starting with this story line didn't do much for me but I liked this issue and happy that both story lines with this series will hopefully be something good to follow. Wonder Woman finds her past friend and more recently foe Barbara Ann Minerva, the Cheetah and they agree to help one another out. I really like this character the Cheetah, seems like there is a lot going on with her, very complex, grey areas that she is dealing with. I am not familiar with both of their pasts together but like that they are into working together and being friends again if they were not in the past. Wonder Woman's compassion shines through in this issue more than any other comic I've read of her's so far.

Another great thing that I liked about this comic is that it confirms how great the artistic direction of this comic is going. I couldn't get enough of how good the art is. There is a thickness to it that I really liked, reminds me some kind of tattoo styles, especially the vividness of the coloring as well. It also kind of has a wood block printing feel to it as well.

So far the Rebirth Wonder Woman series has me completely hooked with the awesome art and two story lines going.


No comments:

Post a Comment