Friday, August 5, 2016

Battlestar Galactica #1 Review



I was curious about this comic and was hoping it would be good. I've heard from more than a few people how much they liked the most recent series so I was hoping the comic would be interesting but it wasn't. Maybe it's because I am not familiar with the characters and story line that I just couldn't connect with this, I don't know. I do like some sci-fi and fantasy but this first comic was a bit of a bummer.

The artwork was the most bothersome thing about it. The characters are drawn so badly. They kind of reminded me of the early 80's cartoon version of the Hobbit and their characters. I did like how the environments and ships were drawn and colored though. I just couldn't get past the shoddy characters and inking. It reminded me a worse and sloppy version of Satellite Falling but this comic would be so much better if the artwork was done by Stephen Thompson and Lisa Jackson.

I did like both covers of this though. Although the variant cover that I have is another cover that isn't connected to anything inside. Why are there so many covers that have nothing to do with the actual content of the comic? I'm sure because it helps sell it but it's a shady way to go about it if it doesn't even have anything to do with what is actually inside.

Not that I want to just slag off a comic but this just didn't appeal to me. Maybe I should check out the next issue but I doubt that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment