Sunday, August 7, 2016

I Love My Local Comic Shop

I didn't get a chance to go to the comic book store this weekend. I was at first going to see the new Suicide Squad movie and wanted to do both together since they are both at the mall but then I didn't get a chance to Saturday and today I have just been feeling so blah. I am most likely going to see the movie next weekend and I don't have to work early in the daytime on Wednesday's so I will have more time on that day to go to the store. I'm also glad I didn't go because I still have comics to read and it's not like I am running out of them. And with how much I love going to the store, it will be nice to look forward to finally going Wednesday.

And so far I love my local comic book store. I am a bit worried that I will have a bad experience at some point, especially if I keep going so much, lol but I shouldn't. I am so thankful to have such a good local shop in my area. I've been reading so many horror stories of peoples bad experiences at comic shops that there are too many awesome things about mine that I am aware of just by comparison. I also really like reading about people's awful experiences for some reason. It's fun to google it and amazing at how awful some shop owners, employees, or customers are.

With the number of things that I love about New Dimension Comics in my area is that it's a really big space, no problem at all with it being well lit and clean, tons of comics, everyone that works there has been nice and not made me feel uncomfortable at all. I'm sure with some of my comic choices that I would be laughed at or made fun of if I were at another store possibly because of my sex. They seem female-friendly and queer-friendly as well. Also, from how other store owners have been to some, from what I've read, I'm thankful that I could get a copy of Once Our Land and also just variant covers without them upping the price. It's so weird that other places will just increase the price on the spot or refuse to sell something because of speculation or whatever.

With reading about horror stories with customers too, I haven't had to deal with any weird or creepy customers here yet. I can't imagine some other customer looking at my choices and berating me for them or something. Like seriously, how do some people do that? I am glad that when I go, there is usually no one there.

And with Wednesday, I am looking forward to getting some more Doom Patrol comics. I read one the other night that was kind of out there and I like how this comic is a bit weird. I also do want to find more comics that are kind of a mind fuck. Something in the vein of like Donnie Darko that has you thinking about all kinds of crazy things or something. I've heard some good things about The Boys and will try to check that out but I am not sure of what else might be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment