Saturday, August 13, 2016

Doctor Who - The Twelfth Doctor #8



I read this comic a few days ago and still on the fence about whether to check out more. I probably will but at first I wasn't sure if I liked this issue that much. The artwork is just okay and I don't really like how Capaldi is drawn. The story line fits in with what I do like about the television show and I am hoping the comic is a good replacement until the show's new season starts. In fact maybe I would like the comic even more since sometimes the show seems too long at times.

The writer does have a good feel for Capaldi's version of the Doctor though and the more I think about it, I probably will enjoy this comic more.

One thing that I hate though and it goes along with the show as well is how annoying it is that Capaldi is playing a guitar so much. It is the one thing that I absolutely loathe about this doctor and he is doing it again in this comic. It's so completely cheesy and just feels like the writers felt like because Capaldi is a bit old, that for him to connect with a younger audience, perhaps they should have him playing a guitar? One thing that I like about the Doctor, all of them is how they are a genuine, authentic person but Capaldi with a guitar is just too pathetic since it's just him posing and acting like how so many ridiculous people do when it comes to guitars. Not that you can't be old and play guitar, it's definitely not that but it just seems like a ridiculous way to be appealing to younger people it seems. It feels so old, like some really awful writers from the 80's came up with this and even when people did this back then or even now it is just completely pathetic. And yeah, the sunglasses along with the guitar is another notch added in lameness. Rant over.

Other than the guitar thing which is ruining this Doctor, I do like a lot of things about this new one and would like to check out more comics. Maybe I should check out the other Doctors in their comics, maybe it would be nice to see other varieties of the Doctor in the comic medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment