Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Really Good Weekend of Comics



This has been an awesome weekend with comics, lol. I can't believe how I am still pretty obsessed with comics since getting into them a little over a month ago. I got a little worried a few weeks ago when I spent a bit too much money than I probably should have but I am back to obsessing about them every day. Tonight I am going to see Suicide Squad finally. I haven't checked out the comic books yet and doubt that I will but I am curious about the movie.

Yesterday I went to the comic book store and got my biggest variety of comics to check out so far. I am still trying to find things that interest me and getting better with fine tuning what kind of stuff I am into. I really liked the issue of Incognito that I got last week and cot a few more of those. And I finally got a couple Hellboy's and really like it too.

I also finally got an issue of Paper Girls, getting their latest issue #8 and love it. I am going to have to get as many other issues that they still have on the rack when I go there Wednesday. 

And what I got from the dollar bins:
Criminal #4
Doctor Who - New Adventures With The Twelfth Doctor #10  
Hate #7
Hellboy - The Fury 2 of 3
Hellboy in Hell #5
Incognito #3
Incognito #5
Incognito #6
Patsy Walker: Hellcat 1 of 5
Patsy Walker: Hellcat 3 of 5
Lobster Johnson #4
Sleeper #9
Sleeper #10

I also had my first kind of awkward situation with the person that works at the comic book store. I've dealt with him two or three times now and he's always been cool but when I gave him the comics that I got from the dollar bin he seemed suspicious of the Lobster Johnson and looked inside to see when it came out. Not sure if he thought it was a newer issue or something that should have cost more than a dollar but he didn't really make a big deal out of it but it just made me feel uncomfortable that he was suspicious. I probably would be too of new people coming into the store and they don't really know me yet but I love this place and want to support them as much as I can. I definitely wouldn't be shady and putting something in like a dollar bin pile although I am already weirdly self conscious about shopping in the dollar bin section already because they probably do get people who maybe do that and I don't know if they go through the long boxes extensively enough to take out all the really good or more expensive stuff. So yeah, I'm always weirdly self conscious about the dollar bins, lol. And sometimes people that work there walk by me a good amount while I spend way too much time there and in the dollar bins as well. It also doesn't help that I am really shy and don't like to look at people so I probably do seem creepy and probably shady there, lol.  


No comments:

Post a Comment