Saturday, July 23, 2016

Wonder Woman - Rebirth #2 Review


I finally got the first two issues of Wonder Woman - Rebirth. The first issue was actually kind of a letdown. It was so short and the amount of actual content could have still been given in a third of its pages almost. I suppose it does fit the tone of the severity of how she is questioning what is actually the truth or not about herself and drawing it out. Maybe I was expecting more with the first issue.

The second issue I loved though and feel like it's a better first issue almost. I do like that every other issue will be dealing with Wonder Woman earlier in her life when she first meets Steve Trevor and in later years which is where the second issue starts off and this is definitely a very good beginning with that part of her life.  I'm also glad to see this new version dealing with her beginnings since I have only read about it but hadn't seen it in comic form.  It's interesting seeing the two different characters of Wonder Woman and Trevor with however many years in between them. In later years Wonder Woman looks like a character from He-Man almost while Trevor looks like a G.I. Joe which is kind of funny. I do like Wonder Woman's costume for the most part. She is still very sexualized which puts me off from it but it's better than being kind of cheesy mixed with being too sexualized but at least they finally dropped the cheesy part of it. I love Wonder Woman but her costumes always made me cringe a bit.  

With the story in #2 it depicts her yearning for what is outside of Themyscira really well and right at the end is when Trevor's plane crashes on the island. I am excited to see her very beginnings from such an early point and happy that DC is doing a Rebirth with everyone now. Supposedly there are aspects of the very beginning that haven't really been touched on in the past that Rucka wants to bring up which should be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment