Friday, July 22, 2016

Not At Comic Con Day

My local comic bookstore New Dimensions Comics in St. Clairsville, OH. is having a Not At Con Day event Saturday, July 23rd. It's something fun they are doing for people who can't go to Comic Con. They are going to have some quasi-local artists there like Kelci Crawford who does the artwork for the webcomic Validation. She is also doing a how-to-draw comics workshop for kids.

You can also get a 10% discount if you wear a cape of any sort. There will be some free stuff from Valiant Comics, IDW, and Zenoscope. The best part is dollar comics will be 50 cents! I can't remember the last time something awesome was being sold for only fifty cents. And I really like my local comic bookstore New Dimensions Comics. It's a nice laid back place, no rude employees, tons of comics with good finds in the dollar bins, and they seem female friendly which is nice.There are a few other branches of New Dimensions Comics around the Pittsburgh area that I should probably check out soon too.

I am probably a little too excited for this event, I've been looking forward to it for a couple weeks and hoping to get some good stuff. Last week I got too much stuff and right when I was checking out realized that I should have just waited another week for my awesome Wonder Woman dollar bin finds but I was so happy to come across so many in one box. With tomorrow, I am hoping to get more Wonder Woman comics, find some more Bitch Planet's, pick up a few Doom Patrol's, Ms. Marvel, look through the comics that came out this week and see if there is anything that I missed, and starting a pull list possibly.

I'm not sure if anyone in the area will see this but if you do, you should go to this event though. Here is the facebook event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1562025807433026/

I wonder if there are any other comic bookstores doing something fun for those not going to Comic Con?



No comments:

Post a Comment