Thursday, September 1, 2016

Comics I'm getting into lately.



I really loved 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank #1. Weird that the shop had one issue of that and #2 but nothing more. I plan on getting #2 Saturday. The kids remind me of a dirtier version of the kids from Bob's Burgers. I also like that I have no clue where this comic is going in terms of plot but the characters are awesome. One thing though is I am trying to find out more information about this comic and supposedly there are only going to be five issues of it? I forget where I got that number but I hope it's not just that few.

Also today I went to the library. I stopped going to the main library here because it's like the Walmart of libraries but I really wanted to see what kind of books they had about comic books and what kind of trades that they have and they do have a small selection. There is Wonder Woman and they even have Sleeper which is surprising. I picked up the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 2 and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century: 1910. I've been wanting to read more of Moore's stuff since I did actually like the movies of the Watchmen and V. LXG was okay but probably better in comic book form. They also had his series of Swamp Thing. I was hoping to get a book about comic books, something non-fiction-ish but there was nothing at all. I am glad I got to see what trades are actually like, they seem so much better than with the single issues with all the crap ads and I like the paper quality too. And omnibuses are just amazing, I didn't know they were of like an entire series. They had an Ant-Man omnibus and one or two other one's. I think I would still prefer single issue comics to trades but maybe for something out of print I would get a trade.

Also when I was at the comic book store the other day, I ran into a co-worker while I was checking out. Weird, usually there is no one even in the store, lol but we chatted a bit and did so more at work about comics. He said he mostly reads Marvel and DC with the exception of also Saga. We talked a good bit about comics and I told him that I've only been into them for a couple months now and he is going to write up a list of some recommendations which I'm curious about. I still haven't checked out much with DC or Marvel yet.

And I am really enjoying B.P.R.D. the Black Goddess. So happy that I was able to get all the issues from the dollar bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment