Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Moon Knight #6 Review



I got into Moon Knight about a month ago and got the first five issues, and didn't want to read #6 until I read 4 and 5 last night as well but I really like Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight series. Lemire is my favorite writer so far. I really like Black Hammer, Trillium, Plutona, and Descender looks to be good too although I am waiting to get it in trade but I am glad Lemire is doing this most recent series of Moon Knight. It's definitely better then Bendis' work.

This issue is the first one of the Incarnations arc although it still very much continues with the first arc since Marc or whichever name he happens to be using is still completely lost and trying to figure out what he is supposed to be doing. I especially like the way he kept stepping into different places from one moment to the next. At one point, on the set of a movie for Moon Knight actually because he is the producer which was kind of funny, next to the inside of an Egyptian pyramid, to being a taxi driver,  then ends up on the moon, and back and forth between these places and others. And his friends who had to leave him or be left behind while he continues on his journey seem to pop back up every now and again which I like. There was even a point when he gets into a fight with Moon Knight. I liked this issue more than any other so far and really like where this series is going. Another thing that I liked was that there was definitely a lot more content than previous issues. The last five barely took more than five or so minutes to read, I like a comic to not go that incredibly fast and to be able to enjoy it for more than a quick moment almost.

I also like the humor with this one, making jokes about the movie, poking fun at how Moon Knight shouldn't even be made into a movie because he is a third rate superhero, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment