Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wonder Woman #5 Review



This issue continues with the story line of Wonder Woman trying to find out the truth about her life. This issue picks it up a notch and is at a faster pace than the other two issues which is good since it's been so slow and dragging it out a bit. This is my favorite issue so far with this story and this issue is really making me enjoy this whole Wonder Woman series. The artwork is amazing. The first shot of the city at night with the lighting is just perfect. I want a print of that shot so badly.

I am also loving Steve Trevor. The line he questions the villain about how he has a messed up view about masculinity is making me swoon for Steve right now. I really hope this comic and Steve continue with questioning these kinds of things with gender because I love it. I love that comics are bringing these issues up, a lot more than in other forms of media it feels to me and in this way, comics from some creators are doing a really good job of questioning gender that I haven't been seeing much of lately in other areas. Getting off on a bit of a tangent on this but it's something that I really like to see in comics.

Wonder Woman so far is the only comic I am following with the whole Rebirth thing at D.C. I am kind of curious about other comics I could be following but there really is nothing that piques my interest. Maybe I should ask about any other D.C. titles that are as good as Wonder Woman over at reddit.



No comments:

Post a Comment