Saturday, September 3, 2016

Saturday Comics Day



Saturdays are the best day to spend with comics and being obsessed with them, lol. I went to the comic book store today, and they, New Dimension Comics has a new podcast episode up if you want to listen to it at http://ndcomics.com/podcast/ They talk about the newest comics that they are into and about the Suicide Squad movie. At the store, it was Free Graphic Novel day so I was able to pick one from the table. It was odd, really late in the day and there were still a lot of free books on the table. It's sad that more people are not going to this comic book store because it's so great. I got Incorruptible Vol. 2 by Mark Waid and Horacio Domingues.

And I got some good comics I think today.

New-ish Issues:
Tomboy #4. I've been wanting to check out this comic and finally did today.
Plutona #5. I am really getting into Jeff Lemire's work and wanted to see what this comic is about.

Dollar Bins:
Mildly Microwaved Pre-Pubescent Kung-Fu Gophers #1 The title is just hilarious and is probably a funny, loopy comic. Hopefully there is more than just one issue of this if it's good.

Doom Patrol #1 2001
Smax #4 I liked the few comics I read of Top Ten and curious about this since it's about one of the characters from that getting their own comic.
Moon Knight #1 2011
Moon Knight #2 2011
The Dreaming #54 The cover of this made me want to check it out. Creepy mouth eyes!
Promethea #15
Promethea #16

I am listening to Fatman on Batman #36 tonight where Kevin Smith is talking to Jim Lee and it is so good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YGfp2oid8

I am also loving the book Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. Everyone should read this book, even if you are not into comic books it is so freaking intriguing and makes you look at a lot of things different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment