Sunday, September 18, 2016

Comics this week



I haven't had a chance to update about the stuff I got Wednesday or Saturday. I have gotten the least amount of single issue comics this week than ever so far. Although I have picked up two really good trades.

This week I got:

The new Doom Patrol #1 which at first I wasn't sure about but it's definitely growing on me and then some.

Wonder Woman #6. The last of Frank Cho's variants for Wonder Woman and this issue was okay but not great. It's definitely continuing with the story of Wonder Woman leaving the island for the first time and I am sure it will be more interesting.

I also got a trade of Watchmen and just started reading it yesterday. I like it so far. I also finally got Alan Moore's Writing For Comics which is interesting as well.

Then yesterday I was at the lcs for so long, going through all the new issues, dollar bins, trades, back to the new issues, then trades, debating on whether to get Vol. 1 of Morrison's Doom Patrol or Lemire's Sweet Tooth Vol. 1 hardcover. I was wanting the Doom Patrol but for some reason Vol. 1 starts at like issue #13 for some reason, only covers fifteen issues, and is pretty expensive considering I can find probably every issue in the dollar bins. I finally decided on the Sweet Tooth and it's only Vol. 1 of 6 which is a bit disappointing considering the price. I am at a crossroads about trades. I am just getting into them and like them in some ways but some are crazy expensive for how little is in them. I am really enjoying Sweet Tooth though and happy that I did pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment