Saturday, October 22, 2016

Faith #4 Review



Writer: Jody Houser
Artist: Pere Perez
Color Art: Andrew Dalhouse
Letterer: Dave Sharpe
Publisher: Valiant

Rating: 8.5

Issue #4 of Faith is the second part of Faith and her boyfriend Archer going to a Comic Con. A villain sees the con as the perfect opportunity to steal things worth a lot of money and to rob people. At the very end of the last issue Faith came face to face with another Faith and at first it looked like this was who she was going to have to fight but the awesome part is that the other faith is a duplicate of some sorts but is also a good person and they both realize that they just want to do good and fight evil.

I am really loving this series. I hate that some people are writing this series off just because the superhero is “overweight” or whatever or think that is all that she is about because there is so much more to this character and series. For one, it is such a fun comic! I love the humor, the foibles of being a super hero, there is a lot of humor about comic culture, and having fun with the super hero genre as a whole. Also with this issue there are some helpful tips with going to a comic con like in the last issue which is helpful to people who have never been to a con before.

The villain in this story is capable of creating copies of things. Villains with creepy teddy bear heads who are wreaking havoc at the convention and that is how there is a copy of Faith. I love that there is a copy of her and that there are two of them. By the end of the issue the Faith copy had to go for reasons that I would rather not say so I don't spoil it for you but I really wish that she could have stayed. It would have been awesome if there were two Faith's and that they were best friends maybe and an awesome super hero team.

The artwork by Pere Perez and Andrew Dalmouse is so spot on. I love the detail and even more so how there is a freshness to it which is hard to describe. I like that there are not a lot of dark tones and it compliments this comic. I also like the views from above with some of the frames. There is a lot of creativity put into all the different angles with the frames and the detail with the characters is just nice.

The next issue coming out November 2nd is going to be a new arc with the title Dark Star and one of the covers has Hillary Clinton on it with Faith which I do not like at all. No, it's not because I'm a Trump supporter. I am also really disliking how Trump is popping up in comics lately but I don't think that Clinton is a factor in the next issue. I think it's just happening because of the election and nothing more, hopefully. I will definitely have to get an issue that has a different cover on it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment